Monday, November 14, 2005

Lots of pictures

Finally, I have some time for a biiiiiig posting :-)

Saturday, I have visited a Buddhist temple, together with 2 French guys. One of them (Sebastien) does very interesting research, basically he is trying to create clothes that contain invisible computers that help with intercultural communication---very cool! Here are the pictures from the trip:










After sightseeing, we went to a Tofu restaurant, where we had incredible food.



Sunday, I had some time to take a walk in my neighbourhood (Shinagawa):



Some funny signs:





Soon, Sin City will be screened in Tokyo. Here are some ads for the movie (with my favourite character: Miho):



Can you believe this---near to a very busy station, someone has locked his backpack to a rail.
However, the backpack is not locked.... Sometimes, Japan feels like another planet to me!


Food here is most of the times fantastic! My first disgusting experience was to find a bug in my cup of tea---I left the restaurant immediately!


I am doing my laundry the Japanese way: hanging the wet clothes on a pole in front of my window. Since I am scared of heights, this feels always a little scary for me :-(

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mhmm, delicious ;-)

12:14 AM  
Blogger chris said...

what do you refer to? ;-)

6:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A Bug in your tea ... hehe ... this is like in the good old days in New York - bugs in my appartment, in my chinese food from the basement, ... ohh, dude ... this isn't Germany ;-)

7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wenn meine Infos richtig sind, dann bedeutet das Bild aus dem jap. Bad mit dem Mann mit dem Tatoo auf dem Rücken, dass Mitglieder der Yakuza hier nicht erwuenscht sind.
Der angekettete Rucksack ist ein Platzhalter, d.h. der Besitzer "stellt" sich damit vorne in der Reihe für den Bus an.

8:40 AM  
Blogger chris said...

Reply to Franz: Tokyo reminds me of New York in many regards! However, some of the typical New York annoyances I have not encountered, yet: bugs in my apartment, "talk to you later"-mentality, living in scary neighbourhoods ;-)

Reply to Fabian:
Bzgl. des Yakuza Posters hast Du recht! Bzgl. des Rucksacks habe ich ein paar Japaner befragt, die kennen das aber alle nicht. Aber es koennte schon was dran sein an Deiner Theorie :-)

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home