Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Japanese Ikea

Today, I have spent 13 hours (without a break!!!) assembling the furniture of my apartment. Oh no, my apartment is not that big ;-) Instead, the assembly turned out to be quite complicated since the instructions were written in Japanese :-(
Everything went fine, except for the earthquake protectors for my shelves---they do not fit in, since my apartment ceiling is too low.... I hope there will be no strong earthquake.... I guess I will only store non-fragile stuff in my shelves!

Now it is 1AM and I am finally relaxing a little. I am drinking a glass of Sake and listening to an old song: Regulate . I used to listen to this song when I was 18. Wow, time passes so fast!

Today I have asked my Japanese neighbours for help, since I could not understand the controllers in my apartment. The heating system and the water supply have very sophisticated control panels, they even have speech output! However, I have no clue what it means .... Guess I am lost in translation ;-) The explanations turned out to be quite complicated, since they do not speak English... However, I managed to understand the most important functions. Means, I have warm water and a warm, furnished and cozy apartment now!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe, "Schraubst du noch, oder wohnst du schon?"

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also listened to this song a few days ago :)

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice; und ich dachte, du hättest bestimmt schon jemanden gefunden, der für dich aufbaut, während du *insert activity of choice here*. ;)
Aber Japan scheint doch anders zu sein...

12:05 AM  
Blogger chris said...

@Pep: yo, ich haette schon ein paar Bekannte, die helfen wuerden ;-) Aber da ich ja gerade arbeitslos bin, faende ich es nicht korrekt arbeitende Leute einzuspannen!

@blakkkout: mei, einfacher als in new york, finde ich ;-) hau rein mit der wette, du machst das schon!

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home