Monday, June 25, 2007

Something is seriously wrong with this country

Yesterday, I had another great experience of Japanese hospitality. The background of the story is a little complex. A simplified version is: I might have to move to a new apartment within 5 days. This is logistically almost impossible. The only instance that can change this bad situation is the rental agency of my current apartment. Yesterday, I have asked a co-worker to call the rental agency for me. here is the dialog:

my co-worker: ... explaining the situation for about 3 minutes ....
my co-worker: Chris would like to come to your agency and speak with you about it.
agency: sorry, we do not talk to foreigners.
my co-worker: well, he would come with a japanese friend who could translate.
agency: that doesn't matter. we do not negotiate with foreigners.

I am still totally shocked about this. I will report this incident to the german embassy. however, i have little hope that i can change anything about my situation. there are no laws against racial discrimination in japan.

5 Comments:

Blogger Pete said...

wtf - as bad as it gets; hast du aber kommen sehen, nur nicht in der Härte, oder?

1:23 PM  
Blogger chris said...

das hast du schoen beschrieben. ich bin inzwischen in kontakt mit der deutschen botschaft. ich bin gespannt, wie's weitergeht!

8:53 PM  
Blogger Simon Sandor said...

wieso sind die da so krass zu ausländern??
lg simon

7:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

scheiss auf den "japanischen traum". lebe einen anderen. ich lebe den deutschen ;-)

7:24 AM  
Blogger chris said...

@blakkkout: bitte keine faekalsprache!

@simon: erklaer ich dir genauer im august

1:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home