Sunday, November 20, 2005

Hokusai

I got myself a conversation partner to support my struggles with the Japanese language. We wanted to visit an exhibition of Hokusai last weekend. It turned out that the waiting time was 1 hour, so we decided to go to a pottery exhibition instead. It was very enjoyable!



The waiting line for the Hokusai exhibit. The last time I have seen such a big line was when the MoMa in New York reopened.


Recently, I had some very interesting food!
A maron pastry (the same type is very popular in Hungary):

Sashimi:

Ice fish:


Last sunday, there was a marathon in my neighbourhood:


An interesting ad, playing with the Japanese characters for my neighbourhood (Shinagawa):


Shinjuku at night:


After I finished unpacking my things, I had a huge pile of trash.
I temporarily stored some next to my apartment door:


The biggest part of my trash I put on the streets so that it will be picked up.


I thought it might be confusing for the trash guys, since I put everything in Nissen (=IKEA) boxes, so I wrote Trash in Japanese on the boxes ;-)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ja Servus, also ich verfolge Dein Blog, ebenso Ursel. Insofern mindestens zwei interessierte Leser. Grüßli nach Japan, Brudali.

10:59 AM  
Blogger chris said...

Marky Mark, vielen Dank fuer Dein Kommentar!!
Freut mich sehr, das Ihr beiden den Blog anschaut.
Das steigert meine Motivation, mal wieder zu posten :-) Gestern war ich auf einer super party - ich sollte dazu bald mal einen Eintrag machen :-)

Re-Gruessli, Brudali

4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ja, mach mal viele kleine postings statt wenig grossen - das hält die leser bei laune :-)
ich hab dich jedenfalls auch in der Lesezeichenleiste abonniert...

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home