Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Hiroshi Sugimoto

Yesterday, I have visited the most beautiful art exhibition I have ever been to. I was thinking carefully about this statement---it really was. The artist was Hiroshi Sugimoto. I would describe his work as surreal photography---every photo is beautiful, however, it feels to me something is wrong with them. A feeling I also have when looking at Edward Hopper's paintings.
Additionally, the whole exhibit seemed like one big art installation. Every room was carefully designed to match the photographs. Wow---my heart is still beating faster when I think about it.

The poster for the exhibit:


Some photos from the exhibit:





Finally, on the way to the exhibit, I saw a poster announcing a German-Japanese art festival. It even contains the mouse from "Sendung mit der Maus", haha!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

.. und natürlich mit der Maus und dem Elefanten. Sehr gut, diese bild von deutschladn im ausland :)

1:07 AM  
Blogger chris said...

Leider war der Elefant nicht auf dem Poster. Sollten wir vielleicht ein Protestschreiben verfassen?

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home