Thursday, November 09, 2006

Long time no see :-)

Hehe, my life is just tooo busy. I find no time to write my blog. I hope that some people are still reading it...
Some random things that happened (the frequency of life in tokyo is amazingly high...)

  • Today, I had a Japanese lesson. At some point I was totally confused about a grammar construct. Then, my teacher said: "Or, to put it more complicated: here, the Japanese grammar is left recursive." After that, I had no problems anymore! My teacher was totally astonished ("nobody has ever gotten that so fast"). What I did not tell her: the reason for my sudden enlightenment was that (at age 23) I had implemented a parser for left recursive grammars ;-)
  • I was partying a lot recently. One of the best event's was Kazenohitos' (people of the wind) party in Ebisu. Some pictures can be found here. Another great act at this event was MC Leo and DJ Kom. I was drinking with those guys until the sun rose...
  • I have bought a new laptop: MacBook Pro 15". I cannot believe it: it is 8 times faster in number crunching than my old laptop. Impressive! I am currently coding some funky stuff with it using bazar.
  • A German friend of mine got inspired by my entry about children , and got engaged. I did not know blogging could make a difference for some other people's life :-)
  • My brother gets his 4th child! Wow, I gotta catch up...
  • Politics can be fair! (very geeky joke): here
  • I WANT TO SEE THE BORAT MOVIE!!!! it's screening is delayed for undetermined time in Japan :-(
  • Beautiful nature (a sandstorm): here
  • I got some hits on my blog from MIT, Boston, USA. I am sure, this is Johnny-boy (click here, then see visiting scientists)! Hey Johnny, please post a nice comment sometimes! (nicer than the one you wrote for my japanese blog, hehe)
  • Final point for today: I have started a Japanese blog :-) My co-workers convinced me that this makes totally sense for me: this way, I can improve my Japanese a lot! However, it is sooooo hard to use the blog without fully understanding it ...
    In any case: here is my profile. Since almost no reader of this blog here will understand it, I will translate a little: my nick name is: furyo kenkyusha (不良研究者: my co-workers think this is appropriate for me). kenkyusha means reseacher and furyo means (something like): crazy, party-maniac, not-sensible, etc.
    I have tried to express this chasm by my logo...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Servus from Jena ... der Franz schaut noch oft vorbei und erinnert ich an die geile Zeit in New York.

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mkay - just to put it right:
ur blog entry came after my decision.
i was just wondering about the coincidence of ur topic and my future planning... ;)
na dann keep on partying... hope to cu soon

2:37 PM  
Blogger chris said...

@Franz:
yo, New York war schon sehr nice! Aber, wenn Du eine noch nicere Party erleben willst, dann schau mal hier vorbei :-)

@anonymous:
habe ich mir schon gedacht :-) Ich wollte mal checken, ob falsche statements Deine Antwortzeit reduzieren. Hat offensichtlich geklappt!

12:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Na dann aber los...

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home