Thursday, November 02, 2006

Returned from USA

2 weeks ago, I went on a business trip to the US to visit ISMAR. There, I saw some very interesting research projects. Also, I had the chance to see (and drink with) many people I know. It was great!
The most insane thing was the Parasitic Humanoid. This project's vision is to equip user's with a mobile computer. This computer learns about the user's behaviour. Ok, this has been done by several research projects. However, the cool point of this project is: the computer then starts to control the user unconciously. The implication is a symbiosis between human and computer. Scary? Probably. Thought-provoking: most problably!
An example is shown here: The computer control's the human to avoid a car.

This is done by "hacking" the human sense of balance. Weak electric signals are sent to the user's vestibular system.
I have spoken with people what have tried this: it really works...


Today (Friday), is a public holiday in Japan. That's sweet! I have time to do some housework... めんどくさい!!!

Nicest: tomorrow, Grooverider will play in Tokyo! I am excited to go there!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home