Saturday, February 10, 2007

Life is beautiful

The weather in Tokyo is gorgeous now!! It is 12 degrees centigrade and clear blue sky!! After this blog entry, I will take a walk by the ocean.

Because of my recent promotion, I have some money to waste :-) I went shopping to Akihabara a couple of times. Now, I am Mr. Gadget!! I am totally impressed by the ipod shuffle that I had bought.
The interaction design of this device is amazing. I could not find any point that needs improvement.

I found another funny webpage: Fun ways to f*** with Japanese people's heads. I have recently developed some similar strategies :-)

For example:

1) At work, everybody is sooooooooooooo serious... It is almost surreal.... However, I try to make fun almost every day: I post funny cartoons at the walls of the lab; I talk in very rude Japanese to some very high guys (somehting like: hey dude, my throat is freaking dry; let's get f**** drunk after work); ... it's great fun! Basically, I can do anything, since I am already classified as a crazy outsider :-)

2) I have a new boss since December last year. My new team went drinking recently. There, he told that he likes Cabakura very much. Cabakura is a kind of hostess club, but there is no sex involved. Just flirting. The girls working there are very young (18-25). Very popular with older, married, Japanese guys (my guess is that what's not happening is more interesting to them then what happens - why is everything Zen-style here?). I said: "I have never experienced Cabakura." He said: "let's go someday!" Me: "sure!!"

Japanese ettiquette clearly separates topics from drinking parties and company life. So, the above topic is totally off-limit at the company (see point 1 from above). In our last team-meeting at the company, I was responsible for making the meeting agenda. I put as first point on the agenda: "when to go to Cabakura?". My boss was totally shocked: "Why do we talk about this at work?". I pretended not to know the etiquette: "But you had invited the team to go with you!". He was totally frozen. Hahahahahahahah. I will report about the Cabakura trip soon.

5 Comments:

Blogger pep said...

du traust dich ja was...
Hauptsache die Sonne scheint ;))

11:56 AM  
Blogger chris said...

Ja, das Wetter ist schoen :-)

Du bist doch der Meister der Interkulturellenkommunikation (IKK). Wie nennt man die Aktionen, die ich im Blog beschreibe? IKK-hacking?

11:25 PM  
Blogger Torte said...

die hart....aber coole Aktion irgendwie;) Hoffe du kommst dann noch in das Vergnügen. Warte auf deinen Bericht..hab unseren Besuch in der Maid Bar noch nicht verarbeitet;)

6:16 AM  
Blogger chris said...

die hart auf jeden fall :-)

aber, ob wir je in das cabakura gehen werden bezweifle ich stark... ich denke mal, das mein boss jetzt solche sachen mir gegenueber nie wieder erwaehnen wird!

naja, gibt sicher lustigere sachen als mit einem aeltlichen Gamsbart abzuhaengenm, haha

4:28 AM  
Anonymous キャバクラ求人アルバイト bsl said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home