Monday, November 27, 2006

Botnet

This article is really amazing: how to control 70.000 machines to send spam emails. the OS statistics for the controlled machines are quite amusing (updating considered harmful!):

For the first time, I have installed Ubuntu now. Ok, it is not as performant as my current favourite Gentoo. But, it is so simple to use, that I will recommend it to my mother when I return to Germany in January :-)

My SLI graphics setup (using 2 graphics card in parallel) was working properly in less than 2 hours and giving me the desired 90% speedup :-) :-) Under Gentoo, X was crashing undeterministically (I guess that the current gentoo 2.6. kernel does not like this crappy (believe me!) motherboard).

Random cool fact: here

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe you have to compare this statistics to the statistcs of operating systems in the internet, i think there are more than 46% SP2 user in the internet (but also much mor unix, linux and mac users than the few "other" in this image.

Probably the conclusion should be: Windows considered harmful ;-)

5:38 AM  
Blogger chris said...

Oh my god, German precision ;-)

We should make a new piechart, weighted by usage of the different OSes. Maybe, you could supervise an SEP for that? ROFL

I even agree more with your general conclusion. With the current state of Ubuntu and Macs: when is Microsoft finally going to die? (the Zune will greatly help in this process, hehe)

5:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah mahn...
ubuntu is echt nice!
greetz oel

9:16 AM  
Blogger chris said...

Yah mahn!
also dem nice:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vZ9GhLUm7k

dem tokyo DnB wickeda crew!

Wir muessen unbedingt Austausch-Parties Muc <-> Tokyo machen!!

2:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home