Monday, March 05, 2007

Traveling soon!

Not much special these days...
Having lots of fun on the weekends and working hard during the week.

On Saturday, I experienced (once again) something really surreal: a traditional japanese bar that was playing extremely modern music. On Sunday afternoon, the weather was fantastic! I was in Yoyogi park - wearing only a Tshirt :-) (of course I was also wearing pants). I bumped into a huge techno party outdoors. Tokyo is really one of a kind!

Recently, my god-like co-worker (Uchiyama-san) has surprised me once again. I was trying to implement a simple ray casting Algorithm. Essentially, what I wanted to do was to create a function Vector3float shoot_ray (int x, int y) that would give me 3d coordinates for an object that lies under the window coordinates (x,y). Having a cigarette in the smoking area (enjoying the beautiful view of Mt. Fuji), I wondered about the most elegant way to do it. Then, Uchiyama-san appeared.
Chris: "how can i get the 3d coordinates of an object from pixel coordinates?"
Uchiyama-san: "very easy - just read from the depth-buffer, multiply with the inverse projection matrix, and multiply with the inverse camera's pose matrix".
Chris (being astonished for a moment): "suge!"

Explanation of suge (taken from here):
Amazing, wonderful, great, awful, dreadful. Expresses amazement about someone's accomplishment or talent.

Next Friday, I will go for a business trip to a research conference in the US. I am already scared of the horrible American food... On the other hand, I always wanted to hear about things like "Rapid Animation of Laser-scanned Humans" :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home