Sunday, February 26, 2006

Art exhibits

On weekdays I am basically totally overwhelmed by working and learning Japanese. (I wonder: will this ever change? :-) At the last 2 weekends, I found some time to relax at two art exhibtions. They were great!

The first one was called: The Unbuilt Monuments. The theme of the exhibition were buildings that were planned by famous architects (e.g., Le Corbusier, Mies van der Rohe), but never built. Some great models were on display. Even more interesting, movies of fly-throughs of the buildings were shown. They were created with 3D Modelling programs. The movies were beautiful, but had most of the time below 25 frames per second. This was a big turn-off for me, I even got a slight headache... Below is a screenshot of one of the movies. It shows my favourite unbuilt monument: The Danteum.

Yesterday, I went to the Japanese media arts festival. There were lots of futuristic, interactive pieces exhibited. I thouroughly enjoyed it! Some exhibits even used Mixed Reality. I guess I will try next year to submit my current project at Canon---it would have fit perfectly! A very funny piece was called Virtual Brownies. See it here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home